Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Jess & Mike to Marry



So, this is less about fashion more about marriage, but I figured I would share. My friend, Jess, is getting married!!!!.... in less than two months (yikes) This is a VERY last minute wedding she and another friend of mine, Mike, are having. Mike is in the Army, and currently stationed in Korea. He will be home just intime to help out with final preparations for the wedding, but other than that Jess is sorta on her own. That means her Maid of Honor (ME!!!) is helping out ALOT.

Anywhoo, the point that I'm driving at is I have to throw a bridal shower, and i wanted to share with you this journey. The party is going to be in the afternoon, in my back yard. The theme is the best part. The Bride and Groom originally were only asking for money as gifts because they are moving to Texas after the marriage, which is where Mike will be based. This has since been changed, but at the planning stage the money only idea really threw me for a loop. I decided to do a kitchen party, where guests would bring a favorite recipe and a tool to make the recipe. This is a great idea if your Bride isn't registered anywhere, because the guests know what is the best tool for their recipe.

I made the invitations & recipe cards yesterday and I'd LOVE some opinions




2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm visiting from New Friend Friday at Trendy Treehouse! I think the invite / recipe card is a fantastic idea! I went to a shower last summer that we needed to bring a recipe for...it's a fantastic way for the new couple to try new recipes that are loved by family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm hoping the bride loves it, I know the groom LOVES to eat so it was kinda perfect (:

    ReplyDelete