Friday, August 20, 2010

Le Result


So guys here it is. Oh, I know I posted about this project months ago, but the camera is finally fixed!! I really loved the colors of this stitched flower, green and tan are not common flower colors so they stand out for being unique in contrast. I wore the headband to work last week and had two compliments from customers within the first hour of my shift.

As I have mentioned before I work at Stop and Shop so I get stuck wearing the mustard yellow shirt all the time. I am looking to find a purple fabric that matches our store colors, I plan on making another headband in purple-- which reps my store brand, but is also the complementary color to yellow.


Just in case your are thinking that purple just sweet talks yellow all day, let me define, complementary colors are colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel. Some
examples include purple and yellow, red and green, blue and orange. Mixing these colors in your everyday wardrobe adds vibrancy, balance, and excitement.

Loved this project! It cost nothing to make because I had the fabric, buttons, and headband laying around anyways. I would assume most of you have these items as well. And in stores I found similar headbands for 5 bucks... and thats at a discount store!!

Im linking this project up to The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday Link Party & Simply Designing's Link Party &&
Lots of other great ideas over there (:



SIDE NOTE: I really love playing the the mirror effect on the Mac Photo Booth and this has to be my favorite picture yet!! I have pink hair on the underneath so I really love how it got captured in the photo... almost looks like a mermaids tail (:

Carry on...


3 comments:

  1. Hi..I’m Barb….I am from FF. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. I also would love for you to be a new Fan of my Facebook page too & click “LIKE” in the upper right hand corner of my blog & you’ve done it..Thanks so much! I am just starting at Facebook. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I saw your blog on New Friend Friday! I really like these head bands they are super cute! Hope to hear from you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet - make sure to link up to Tutorial Tuesday with a button or link so everyone can join the fun :)

    ReplyDelete